Rotel RSP-1066, any info?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by David Bier, Feb 5, 2002.

1. David Bier

David Bier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen this product in Rotel's 2002 catalogue. It's a new processor with DPLII. Does anyone know about the UK release date and likely pricing?

Even better, has anyone seen a review?

2. David Bier

David Bier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know it's a bit sad to respond to your own post but I had an email from a guy at Rotel Europe:
    The update on the RSP1066 is as follows: It is a new model that is being launched in the the USA this month. Due to the need to obtain the required EC approvals etc. there is always a delay before the European launch of new models. The RSP1066 will be available in the UK (and across Europe) by the end of April / beginning of May.

The price in the UK has not been finalised yet but it will be in the region of £1,200 (incl. VAT).

Am I the only one interested in a Rotel separates combination for £2k? This (plus an RMB-1075 amp) might well be a great upgrade for my AVR-3300. I'm definitely looking forward to demoing one this summer!

3. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Do you have any more details on this new processor, or can your helpful contact at Rotel point you towards any suitable online material?

I'd be interested but it does rather depend on what the features/facilities were.

4. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    Just finished reading through the info in the rotel catalogue and yes it certainly sounds an interesting piece of kit. Would compliment an RMB-1075 nicely (subject to an audition of course).

However its a shame its not THX (like the power amps) and why oh why does it have two obvious knobs for bass and treble!!! The ultra purist in me says no way! The more practical side of me says yes there may be times to use them, but it isn't going to be often so why noy hide them in some menu somewhere????

Will have to wait and see I guess

5. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well that fills a gap in the market place. A 5 channel seperates system that doesn't make you a slave to the bank manager. Fingers crossed that it will sound good.

6. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    goto rotel they have a prodicy catalogue (says its 2001 but is actually 2002) stuff is in there. It doesn't appear tohave its own page on their website yet though!

7. sbonell

sbonell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The spec. and price on the RSP-1066 looks great. All the processing modes and analogue bypass. I auditioned an RSP-976 with a 1075 recently and it was good (power amp certainly awesome at the price). So I for one am waiting with baited breathe for release. At the price it'll be an attractive two box solution.

Was told April by shop/Rotel, but no news from dealer yet - hopefully be able to give it a listen soon.

Interesting that its not THX - I had thought that it would be a replacement for the RSP-985 - perhaps they have a higher end model up their sleeves.

8. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I think it's on www.rotel.co.uk rather than www.rotel.com that has a comparion between the rotel and lots ot other processors. If it is £1200, then absolute bargain! Look at the list of units available, then look at the right hand corner of the 1066 preview and it'll say compare, just click on it. Very useful!!!

Add a 1075 and you'll be taking the proverbial wee at £2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

9. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  10. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Maybe no alternative, tried to email them but so far no success, all mails came back with "user unknown". Closed shop? :(

11. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Looks interesting. But what's the cost?

12. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  13. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I tried to find about the davislabs processor ages ago......it is really really well spec'd, but I couldnt find anything much more than on their site.

The 1066 looks very capable, it sure will fill a gap for those wanting a pre processor set up but cant afford a tag.

ad

14. sbonell

sbonell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    According to Rotel's Uk importers.

Can't wait!
    Stuart