1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel RSP 1066 and M&K K-17's

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Pottsy, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Pottsy

Pottsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Was just about to go for the 1066/1075 (to fit in between an Arcam DV88+ and a set of K-17's / B&W ASW675) when I thought I'd do some research....

In direct analogue mode, which I will use for CDs, am I right in thinking the 1066 passes a full frequenct range to the LCR speakers? Not good for the K-17's....

Also, I found a press release (no specs or anything) about Rotel's replacement, the RSP 1068. Anyone know anything about this, in particular if it will have better bass management?

TIA,

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    The 1066 does bass management on everything includeing the multi channel analogue inputs. If you switch BM off it sends full range to the speakers and the sum of all speakers below 100Hz to the sub.

3. Pottsy

Pottsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    So if I have small speakers, there's no analogue pass-through. Damn! Any similar processor do a better job, or am I missing the point?