Rotel RMB1095

co55ie

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any views or experience with the RMB1095 .

Looks like a great value for the spec.

Why not so a search for 1095 in this forum? I've read lots of views on this amp in comparison to Parasound, etc.

I did do a search but most of the threads seemed to go off at a tangent

It is a good amp for the money. My dad runs one with the 1098 pro through Kef model fours/200c centre & it sounds great with movies/multi-channel music dvd`s. It`s competent but not great in two channel stereo.

I have the 1075 and it sound very good in both 5.1 and stereo. I assume the 1095 is just more of the same.

I wonder how two 1075's at £850 each would compare to a single 1095 at £1800.

The two 1075's would give me 10 channels allowing me to biamp all the front three speakers run the rears and leave 2 spare channels for a future upgrade to 7.1.

Stevos does your 1075 have an RCA out on each channel that would allow you tolink the amps together for Biamping ?

scratch the above idea as the 1075 doesnt have ouput terminals . Not sure if a splitter lead would degrade the signal to much but imagine it would

Unless your processor has 2 sets of outputs, i would recommend against this as i suspect splitting the output would cause no end of problems.

Hello,
using a splitter cable would be fine and I doubt you'd notice any degradation in signal quality as you're not putting anything additional in the path you're merely dividing the signal.
I guess in theory it could give you a slighly higher S/N ratio but it would be so minute it would be hard to measure, let alone hear. You'd also have to run your pre-amp at slightly higher volumes to compensate for the gain reduction (which might offset the S/N increase anyway).

Anyway, the general consensus seems to be that you're better off putting all your money into a single amp rather than two amps at half the price and bi-amping.

Mac.

scratch the above idea as the 1075 doesnt have ouput terminals . Not sure if a splitter lead would degrade the signal to much but imagine it would

I use splitter cables (specially made chord solid2 cables) to biamp my L/R speakers and it does not harm the sound in any way whatsoever.

I was under the impression that using a splitter could harm the amp if the impedence of the two parts of the speakers differed.

I use splitters in exactly the way described. I have 2 x 1075 amps fed from a 1098 processor, bi amping the front 3 channels and using the rest to power the 2 side channels and 2 rears. i tried to get a custom cable made up by Chord to use the DB25 input of the RMB's but gave up on that after chasing them for a few weeks, just trying to get a price on it (they saw no reason why it couldn't be done though). No problems up till now powering the front 3, which are KEF Ci2000s. The only thing being the lack of bottom end from the KEFs and i need better sub integration. Still running my old REL at the moment but looking to move onto something better.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom