Rotel RMb 1077 or Primare spa21

krishen

Novice Member
which one would work best with my ma rs6 av i am looking for the best sound quality. with the rotel i am not sure what to team it with as i would only hav
£400 left for a pre amp. any help appriciated

miceri

Novice Member
Dunno if this helps, but I have Primare gear connected to MA-GS20s (See sig). Fantastic grip and delivery now that the speakers have 'worn-in'. I'm finding that placement means a great deal to this combo to effect the soundstage. But I'm sure thats just my reflective room acoustics...

I'm thinking long term (When I can DIY a dedicated 2CH room (Do you hear all, A 2CH ROOM!)) of adding either a primare or rotel power amp, as I heard / read good things about both.

Either way, I think both are good choices for MA speakers, but of course try to demo both at home if poss.

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
aye, both Rotel and Primare apparently work great with MA speakers, i've heard the Primare and can say it rocks the house down, but havnt heard the Rotel so cant say a comparison....

audiojunkie

Novice Member
Hey,I have demoed the 1077 with MA Gold.The amp is fairly bright,it sounded better with B&W Natulas,more depth.The RSP-1068 pre-amp was also paired with the 1077.Although it sounded great with B&W,it is a classD amp.

audiojunkie

Novice Member
Rotel's classD amplifier is a digital amp.compared to most analog amplifiers.I really dont know the science behind it,I do know that analog amps have been around a long time.Digital amps for home entertainment are fairly new.Rotel's 1077 seems to have done a nice job with this one.Go on their web site and check it.

Top Bottom