Rotel RMB-1075

Darkstar_surfer

I just wanted to post a quick note about the Rotel RMB-1075 that I collected last night from Blasted.

I was hoping for a small improvement to justify the cost but instead I have a huge step up in sound quality. Where there was a a grunt I now have a voice and where there was silence I now have a whisper. It is not just the front sound stage that now sounds so dynamic it is the way the rears now join in so effortlessly and that is probably the biggest change. I can't believe such a huge improvement was possible but there it is.

Some one once said "there is no charge for awesomeness", well I can tell you it cost £280 and a 140 mile round trip.

Darkstar_surfer

Can't be true. All amps sound the same apparently.....:D

Russell

PS. How's the sub? <sniffs>

I was really sceptical last night when I sat down to cable it, even decided to leave it on top of my rack so I could remove it quickly. I was convinced my speakers would not be able handle the extra the 1075 had to offer and boy was I wrong.

The sub is fantantistic, apart from the night my 3 year old sneaked round the back and turned all the dials up about 13 days ago. I though the house was falling down round us during the aircraft crash sceen in Knowing.

j0hn

Banned
Can't be true. All amps sound the same apparently.....:D

Russell

PS. How's the sub? <sniffs>

if they all sounded the same there'd be no need for blind testing. It'd be so obvious they were the same it'd be like marching identical twins into the room two minutes apart.

Darkstar_surfer

There is one really scaring thought that I now have. When I collected MY monolith from Russell he was kind enough to demo his system to me and it was good. He then said adding a power amp helped but adding a dedicated processor really made a big improvement. I can't honestly believe there is a big improvement left to be made, but I may need to hear for my self. :D

Oh and I used Kung Fu Panda Chapter 10 to test the before and after and I can say I now think my system beat Russell's :hiya:, although in his defence I don't think his rears were connected. :facepalm:

andyholmes

Ive only just ventured into AV and back in to hifi after a few years (had to lose the wife for that!), i have bought a yamaha rx-v1065 and to be honest was disappointed in the stereo sound after the lowly NAD C320BEE i had previosuly. I have added 2 rotel stereo amps in the last week and the whole experience is fatastic and thats just by power-amping the the front MA R8's. This rotel 1075 sounds like the beast for me for my next upgrade as im not considering 7.1 at all.

enjoy :thumbsup:

mjn

Distinguished Member
Had my 1075 since 2001........welcome to the club :)

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
The RMB 1075 was probably one of the best value improvements to my entire system when I got mine some years back. I have spent more since but the step change is never as great (certainly for such a modest investment) after your first move to seperates. :)

Enjoy,

Adam

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom