Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Rotel RMB-1075 vs. Parasound HCA-1205A

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Mr Joshua, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Mr Joshua

Mr Joshua

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really need help making a decision on a new amp. I can get a rotel rmb-1075 slightly used for $850 US, or a new parasound hca-1205a for $999 US. What would you recommend. I would be using it with paradigm reference studio speakers and I haven't decided on a pre/pro yet. I am kind of on a budget and don't want to go much over $1,000 on the amp. Both of them got very good reviews but there seems to be more info about the rotel around since it is a newer model i think. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Kain

Kain
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Parasound amplifiers have a warmer and smoother sound than Rotel amplifiers. The Parasound amplifiers also have more bass. However, the Rotel amplifiers are more brighter. I would go with the Parasound.