1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel re-clocking or a new CD player?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by victorW, Oct 18, 2004.

1. victorW

victorW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Rotel RCD965BX, Limited edition Discrete model, and have loved this player for about 10 years !!
    I have just had a conservatory built and moved the HiFi stuff (Rega Brio amp and Rega Planer3 turntable and the Rotel CD player and Bose AM5 speakers ) into it so i can enjoy 5.1 surround sound in the lounge and stereo in the conservatory.

Well all this has rekindled my love of music and I am wondering if I should improve my stereo by replacing the Rotel but, with net searched have realised that the Rotel is still a good machine and could do with re-clocking to pull more potential from it.

If I got a new player it would be something like a Cyrus CD6, Roksan Kandy Mk3, or basically £500 to £600 worth.

Or do I spend £200 on reclocking the Rotel?
    Hmmmmmm, Anyone any answers of suggestions?

Vic

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose it depends on how much you like the sound of your Rotel CD Player, the players you have mentioned though ie the Cyrus & Roksan are tremendous CD spinners and i still own a Rotel RCD02, but have to say the quality of playback off both the above players are considerably better than my old RCD02.
    I actually now own the Cyrus CD8 which again is another step above.
    I think you should maybe go and have a Demo and see for yourself and if you don't feel satisfied hang onto your old player.

John :)