1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel RDV 985 - Playable formats?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by A[L]C, Sep 5, 2002.

1. A[L]C

A[L]C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Does anyone know what formats the Rotel RDV 985 dvd player will play? ie cd-r, cd-rw, dvd-r, dvd-ram, dvd-rw, vcd, svcd etc etc.

TIA

A[L]C

2. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The official answer is DVD Video, Audio CD, Video CD, SVCD (but this list comes from before the time of DVD-R etc).

I can confirm that it won't play CD-R (I've tried it), haven't tried CD-RW. It might play DVD-R/RAM/RW but, as with many players, you may only know for sure by trying it.

I can also tell you that it's region free as standard - no codes/regions or anything - just insert and play. However, it won't play RCE DVDs.

Other than that it's a fine player - picture and sound (very good with CDs IMO) but you should note that it has no SCARTS, internal decoding or co-ax out (it has optical out). It has component video out (which I haven't used) but I get a very good picture using s-video out.

Matt.