1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel RDV-1080 DVD-Audio/Video

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RJS, Nov 15, 2001.

1. RJS

RJS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody seen any reviews or had a chance to check this unit out? I'm considering ordering one, but my local dealer doesn't have a demo yet.
    I've talked to a few people who heard from a friend of a friend (you know how that goes), that the picture quality is quite good, and the home theater sound is awesome as well.
    I don't really care that much about it having DVD-Audio. My main concern is that it would be used as a regular CD player as well. I've used a few mid-range Rotel CD players in the past and always enjoyed them. I'm just wondering how this stacks up as a CD palyer along with the home theater performance?

Thanks for the assistance.

RJ

2. JDC

JDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.audioreview.com has some feedback on the 1080, and it scores highly (but just the one review so far). Considered the 995? I use one & it does a great job with CDs. The picture is rock solid. Connectivity isn't as comprehensive as the 1080 though.

3. RJS

RJS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard really good things about the 995, but I really like the progressive scan capability - which the 995 lacks if I understand correctly. The DVD-Audio is nice too, but I wouldn't buy one just for that reason.

Thanks,

RJ

4. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,510
    anybody use one of these players? If so, what you think?