Rotel Rcd-1055 V Pioneer Dv989avi Dvd ? Plz

electrosmith

I'm looking to buy a Pioneer 989 for my DVD playback, but I am unsure if to buy a Rotel RCD-1055 for my cd playback instead of reliing on the Pioneer.

Does anyone have any advice on which one would sound better for normal cd playback only.

Do you think there would be little difference in it between them both for it to be worth buying a Rotel RCD-1055 as well as the Pioneer 989.

The Pioneer and Rotel would be connected to a Rotel RSX-1067 Amp

Many thanks for any advice guys.

CJROSS

I'm looking to buy a Pioneer 989 for my DVD playback, but I am unsure if to buy a Rotel RCD-1055 for my cd playback instead of reliing on the Pioneer.

Does anyone have any advice on which one would sound better for normal cd playback only.

Do you think there would be little difference in it between them both for it to be worth buying a Rotel RCD-1055 as well as the Pioneer 989.

The Pioneer and Rotel would be connected to a Rotel RSX-1067 Amp

Many thanks for any advice guys.

I use 2 DVD players as my main sources in stereo setups, I know a chap on another forum who preffered his 989 over his Cyrus CD8 setup which he then sold, to upgrade from the 989 he went to a Victor japenese CDT+DAC, I have also seen a few comments from IEE1394 use and the 989 as being sublime sounding to a suitable Pioneer AV amp in that transfer mode.

I think you should expend as much as you can on speakers, then amps to drive them ably – stereo wise BTW. Then worry about CD quality, it has the least impact on sound to my ears in good hifi setups (plenty will disagree with that). So get the 989 in place and listen to it via a good stereo amp+speakers combo – this is what hinders CD playback from DVD players when most people listen to DVD players as CD sources.

I am not familiar with that Rotel amp is it a stereo or AV amp ? If it is a AV amp I’d not bother with a CD player. If it is AV, I'd consider a Pioneer Firewire able replacement as your getting or have got the 989 !!

electrosmith

Its Rotels top end AV amp, hooked up to B&W speakers. I like to always listen to my music in 5 Channel Stereo mode as opposed to stereo. I think I might leave the Rotel cd player out for now then and wait until i get the Pioneer 989 first and see how it sounds for CD playback. What tempted me with gettting the Rotel CD player as well first was that I can get it for £100 which is a bargain considering it still retails for £600-£700.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

kev

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom