Rotel RA 980bx phono problem

djdim1966

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello...I just bought a Rotel RA 980bx amplifier .I always wanted to have this amp but...I tested it before i buy it with a cd player and it was fine.At home when i pluged my turntable a buzzing noise came out the left channel and no music.I unpuged everything from the amp and left only the left speaker on that had the problem and the noise was still there.changing the input selector to cd or tuner there is no noise...i cleaned the selector tha problem remains.when i switch the amp on for 2 seconds the noise isn t there....it apears 2 seconds after the protection light turns of and it increases from zero and it gets loud and gets stable....is this a capacitor problem at the left chanel of the internal phono stage??any ideas....???sorry for my poor English...

Sounds like this may be an earth issue. Check that the turntable is correctly connected. Have you tried running the amp, with phono selected and turntable disconnected? Doing so would help establish the problem.

yes...i check it that way...phono selected i have noise on the left chanel...at the other inputs no problem,its not for shure a ground problem..its a problem into the phono pre amp of the unit...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom