Rotel RA-971

marck

Standard Member
I am thinking about getting one of these for my bedroom - it will be used with a pair of Castle Richmond 3's and a Pioneer 626 DVD player (also doubling up as a cd player).
What are people's thoughts as to this amp and what price would I be looking at?

Cheers
Marck.

marck

Standard Member
Well, I have gone and bought this amp now, so should be interesting to see what it sounds like with the Pioneer.

If I was to add a seperate cd player what would you recommend - no more than say £70? And would this make a massive difference over the Pionner. (Remembering it is only for the bedroom anyway :D )

Cheers
Marck

Bassbin

Novice Member
Not familiar with your amp but I do own a lot of other rotel kit. Why not try and pick up a secondhand Rotel RCD965BX. This player has classic status and got amazing reviews in the mid-late 90s. £50-60 should get you one from ebay or £100 from a dealer with a bit of waranty.

marck

Standard Member
Interesting, anyone else with any recommendations for around the £50 mark - and will it be better than my DVD player (which did cost me a considerable amount of money at the time)....

C

Coaxial

Always buy rotel. In over 2 years of selling it, I've had 3 returns - 2 were fuses due to shoddy wiring, and the cd player was dropped by amtrak.
Pretty good going by the lads at Rotel to never have owt go wrong...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom