• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Rotel Ra-1592 and Node 2i

Supermies

Novice Member
Hey Guys
I have a rotel ra1592 amplifier and bluesound node 2i streamer. I listen songs of hi-res quality and mqa quality.
Should I connect the bluesound to my amplifier via rca or toslink(optical) cable?

Thank you very much!

muljao

Prominent Member
If try both and decide then, I suspect the node itself should have a more tweaked hi res dac but I've no evidence to back this up

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
There is no ideal, just which ever one you like. Optical is electrically isolated, so less likely to cause hum or ground loops, but those issues would be rare.

Try both, I suspect you can even try both at the same time.

Remember, Analog Out will use the DAC in the Bluesound which I think is an ESS Sabre DAC.

Optical will use the DAC inside your amp or whatever external DAC you connect it to. So, you are really weighing one DAC against the Other.

Steve/bluewizard

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I'd like an answer for this too. I've seen couple of reviews now that say you lose the MQA decode if you don't use the internal DAC of the node.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom