• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Rotel RA-1062 with B&W 685's -- any good?

Amitubal

Standard Member
Hey Everyone,

My first Thread Post here at AVForums.

Firstly, I'd just like to throw a little "thank you" to all of you out there for the great insight and occasional laughs. I've just been bitten by this so called HI-FI Bug and the Spending Spree is only just beginning!

Secondly, I'm thinking the next paycheck should go to upgrading my amp and cables. I'm strongly considering the Rotel RA-1062 and wanted to know if anyone out there has some thoughts about its performance with the 685's. My current amp is the HK3490. It performs well, but seems just a little short of a precise top-end. Base is respectable, but closer to boomy than i'd prefer. (Speakers are away from the walls on B&W STAV 24" stands, Cables are 14 gauge Monster)

99% of my listening goes towards music, of which 99% of that comes from an iPod. The quality is 256K (minimum) and I use the Apple Composite AV cable for hook-up.

Things I'm listening to these days are Animal Collective, The Knife, Boards of Canada, basically....anything Indie-tronic, often loud.

Would the Rotel be a good option? Should I consider other brand options. I'm shooting for a budget of no more than $650. Here's hoping I still have that budgetary discipline by the end of this thread.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom