1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel RA-1062 CD Partner

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by peterlowe, Apr 5, 2005.

1. peterlowe

peterlowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody. I currently have the B&W 603 S3 with the Rotel RA-1062 amp and RCD-02 cd player. I am very keen to upgrade the CD player as is currently the 'weakest link' i feel. I am very serious about the RCD-1072 (obvious choice), but wondering if anyone has compared the RCD-02 with the RCD-1072 and the extent of improvement? Many thanks

- Pete

2. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's a well balanced system,I don't think the CD player is a weak link.I would keep it as it is,if you must change,I would try the 705 instead,maybe less bass,but more everything else.

3. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What in particular about the sound do you want to upgrade?

The obvious upgrade to your system is to add a power amp (Rotel RB-1070 or 1080). But it all depends what you want to try and achieve.

4. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You could experiement with a 2nd hand DAC, as a much cheaper alternative

5. peterlowe

peterlowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I initially brought the Rotel RA-02, RCD-02 with the B&W DM602S3. Over the last year I have been upgrading components slowely, one-at-time and I noticed improvements all round with each advance. First the Amp to the RA-1062, followed by upgrade to the Kimber Silver Streak interconnect (superb cable btw!) and the B&W 603S3. I have to say the system sounds so much better now and so I am naturally expectant that I would notice an extra sheen of realism from matching up the Rotel 10 series amp with the 10 series Cd player. I was just curious as to whether anyone else had made this upgrade would say it was worthwhile or perhaps the difference is relatively negligible?

Incidently, I heard one of the new B&W 800 series speakers today (£13k) hooked up to twin power amps (£8k each) and the cd/pre amp (£8.7k) with interconnects/cable that looked like something out of star trek! To be honest, they sounded as perfect as you could ever want....! (not that I can afford them, esp. at only 18 years of age!)