1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel RA-02 with Yam 640SE - good idea?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by GFS AV, Apr 13, 2005.

1. GFS AV

GFS AV

Jan 28, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I am looking into adding a 2nd hand Rotel RA-02 stereo amp to my AV setup (connecting to my Yamaha 640SE), but would like some advice on whether it is a good idea. The idea is to use the Rotel to run my to fronts, and leave the Yamaha to do the centre and rears. I have been advised from Rotel that there will be no problem connection-wise, just simply connect the Yamaha's Left + Right (Phono) speaker connections to one of the 'Aux' inputs of the Rotel. They say if I set the Rotel's volume to about 10 o'clock and leave it, the Yamaha will control the volume (including the front speakers). Obviously I will also need to run my main speaker cable to the Rotel.

I have two concerns. First, i'd like somebody to confirm there will be no problems volume-wise.

Secondly, I have been informed by Rotel they have a fairly bright and forward sound to their amps. I am now unsure as to whether it will be well matched to my 'bright' sounding Mordaunt-Short speakers.

Can anybody please advise me on either or both of the two queries.

Thanks a lot.