1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel 1095.

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by BadAss, May 2, 2001.

1. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Has HCC ever reviewed this Amp as they don't seem to have it in the testbench section. I heard there has been a Special pullout section on Power Amps last year but I must of missed it. If there has been which copy and how can I get my hands on it?

If it has been reviewed could some one give me a breif review or scan and Email the page to me.

Cheers. ;)

2. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I had a copy of this supplement, but have thrown it out. What I can remember (it was a review alongside the 985 processor) is that Stuart M Robinson of SMR Group fame did the review and was well impressed. He said something along the lines of "This poweramp will eat any integrated's internal amplification for breakfast". Having heard this poweramp, I would say that the quality of the Rotel is a good improvement over even the Denon A1SE.

The issue was December 2000, I believe, for the supplement.

Russell

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have read about three reviews in the home cinema/hi-fi comics and everyone has given it top marks. Have a look at the audioreview site as the reveiws are from owners of the amp. I was going to buy one but the price put me off. I bought the 1075 instead which is 110 watts per channel. I have to say that the 1075 is brilliant and I got mine for £740. If you want to go the 7.1 channel route don't forget that Rotel have stereo power amps that match the 5 channel amps.

4. pc39707

pc39707

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    www.hifistore.co.uk
    have got the 1095 for £1400 delivered. What about a 991 2 channel for £524.95 and a 993 3 channel for £699.95. Does anyone know any disadvatages with going this route?

6. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I believe that the 991 has a smaller power supply than the 993. The 991 has a 1kva transformer and the 993 a 1.25. Now, what this means I'm not entirely sure, but I would suspect that the more current a transformer can deliver, the more capable the amp. The 1095 has two 1.25 transformers, and so I would say that the 1095 is a better quality amp than the seperate 991/3 amps. I would pay the extra for the 1095.

Russell