rotel 1068

pras1011

Ex Member
Reaction score
i have been offered a rotel 1068 for £300. i have seen it already and seems to be in a brand new conditon. nothing has been used. all the wires and even the remote is all sealed.
should i buy this?
can anyone tell me about this processor?
should i get another one?
what are your opinions on this?

thanks

pras

Sniper said:
£300 - buy it!

Only if the guy hasn't got a red face, and sweating!!

pras1011 said:
is the processor any good though? how should a second hand one actually cost?

Have not heard the thing myself (means nothing but i've seen it)... according to more than 1 review it ought to be awesome, not 100% sure but i think some members here have it!

Let's put it this way - if it's in 100% working order & you trust the guy who's selling it then, @ 300, it's a steal - why's he selling it anyway!?!

Way better than an ax3.

i have brought it. any info on this proceesor guys? how old is it? will this procesoor match a tag av32r and other proceesor? can someone produce a league list on the best proceesor?

It is pretty new, replaced the 1066 about a year ago I think. Its a good processor, worth the thousand or so it cost new and an apsolute steal for £300 although it isnt up to the standard of a Tag AV32r but neither would you expect it to be.

I've got one and I like it. There weren't too many processors around for less than £3k a year ago when I purchased it. It cost £1300 or so then. The Arcam AVP700 is available now for similar money.

More info on the Rotel forum.

http://www.htguide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php4?f=20

Martin

pras1011 said:
thanks!

anyone with anymore opinions?

Yeah, in my opinion you are a jammy git to pick one up for 300 quid :)

I can't really comment on the features, because I have only scratched the surface myself (I'm using plain 5.1 only so far). The sound quality however is very good, just make sure you pair it with some good amps.

Also you may need to upgrade its firmware to the latest revision (1.22 I think, check the Rotel website) in order to cure a bug with DTS soundtrack decoding.

its amazing buy! the guy had brought it 10 months before and he never hooked it up. the wires were all still sealed. the batteries for the remote were sealed. i could call it brand new!! only on ebay!!!!!

i am going to use the 1068 with a parasound 855a power amp. i how this is a good combination

how much should a rotel 1068 cost second hand?

pras1011 said:
how much should a rotel 1068 cost second hand?

The second hand value of something is purely driven by market forces. So to establish the value you just have to look at how much people are paying for it.

So thats....

£300

Heh - well yeah i guess - BUT at £300 (given all is 100% ok) it's a really (really) good deal. I mean nothing touches it at under £1000!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom