1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel 1066 with NAD C370 and RMB1075

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by innercry, Apr 18, 2005.

1. innercry

innercry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ive been using my NAD C370 to drive my fronts (Missin M74s) and my SONY 940 AV amp for centre (Mission 77C) and rears (77DS) in my set-up for a couple of years and have been very happy with it. However recentely i got my hands on a Rotel 1066 processor and was thinking of ditching the Sony in favour of an RMB1075 power amp.

Im wondering if it would be better to use the NAD for the fronts still and have the 1075 for the rest and run a 7 speaker set up or if the 1075 would work aswell as the NAD in stereo and run a five speaker set-up.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 1066 is complete analogue passthrough in stereo mode and is quite a solid performer (as Rotel processors/preamps are) so I would expect it to not let you down in that sense. On the amplification side I would think you'd like the 1075 in control of the fronts and surrounds evenly so as to avoid any potential difference in audio tone/smoothness/etc.

NB: I've only borrowed a C370 for a day or two as a loaner so don't really have any personal lasting opinions of its sounds, but googling a few reviews of each makes it sound like it is inferior to the 1075 ( http://www.laaudiofile.com/rmb1075.html )

also, the 1075 is also THX certified whereas the NAD is not if that matters.

3. innercry

innercry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for that. I will see if I can find a reputable dealer who may allow me to try the 1075 in the various combinations and see what I prefer on the music front as that is my main concern.

4. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best of luck ... :smashin: