1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rotel 1055 svhs input

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Graham.hassall, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Graham.hassall

Standard Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I am in the process of configuring a system based on a Rotel 1055 av receiver, netgem stb with component output, an arcam dvd 89 component output. I have linked these directly to the component inputs on my plasma screen (Hitachi pm400 which has a phono component input and d sub connectors for extra component inputs).
    The audio side is been handled by the rotel via a coax for the arcam and optical cable for the netgem. The rotel On screen set up requires either a composite or s vhs connection which has been made via the svhs and everything seems fine.
    The difficulty is that I still want to use a vhs recorder to play back some old tapes. The vhs recorder has two outputs (scart or rca). I purchased a scart to vhs cable and assumed I could use one of the svhs inputs on the Rotel. At this point things fall apart as I cannot get any picture or sound.

Any advice gratefully received