Rotating and Extending TV Wall Mount

Brigga

Novice Member
Reaction score
I do hope someone can point me in the right direction as all the conversations I've had to date have drawn a blank.

I wish to place a Samsung Frame 32 inch TV on the wall in Portrait, due to the lack of wall space. I then wish to rotate it to Landscape and swing it around by 90 degrees so it can be viewed.

I can't seem to find a mount that does both the rotating and extension arm so it can swivel around.

I've seen Youtube of a product in the US but so company supplying.

If there isn't a product out there, is there a company that can make it?

Many thanks for your help

Plenty of monitor arms will do what you want and accomodate a TV that small.

EW thank you for your reply. Could you point me in the right direction as I haven't had any luck? Future Automation who supplied the mount for my 75' couldn't recommend anyone, nor could The Plasma Centre or Intecbrackets, all of which are well-known suppliers in the UK. Really appreciate your help.

A quick google search gives plenty of standard options like this, BUT... this Samsung support thread suggests that the Frame TV does not have standard VESA mounting holes so a typical small TV/monitor mount like that is not going to be suitable, at least not out of the box.

That thread says the Frame's mounting holes are something like 580mm apart, so you're going to either have to find a mount for a much bigger TV that will allow sufficient adjustment to cater for that really wide spacing (see the bottom of page 6 of that thread for an example), or cobble together a solution that involves using extension arms to make your TV fit a smaller, more appropriate monitor/TV mount like the one I linked to above - see page 2 and 3 for pictures which show what I mean. I would imagine you'll need to use a bracket of at least 200x200 - I don't think anything smaller will be suitable.

You'll also have to make sure that any crucial ports on the TV aren't blocked although, as it's designed to fit flat to the wall anyway, this may not be as much of an issue on the Frame as it would do on a TV with a conventional back, covered in both rear and side-facing ports.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
EW thank you for your reply. Could you point me in the right direction as I haven't had any luck? Future Automation who supplied the mount for my 75' couldn't recommend anyone, nor could The Plasma Centre or Intecbrackets, all of which are well-known suppliers in the UK. Really appreciate your help.
To go to your favourite computer bits shop and see which brands they stock, then check the brand's websites for the full range of models.

A quick check suggest Ergotron and Star tech both do arms meeting your requirements and are widely stocked.

Looking for the same but for a 40inch TV…does such a thing exist? Need to mount the TV on an arm on the side of a built in wardrobe and turn in vertically when I’m not using it. It’s either that, or I lose the wardrobe!

I am looking for the same. I have a beautiful cabinet built for old tube TVs that I would like to modify for a flat screen. This required the TV to rotate 90 degrees from landscape to portrait for storage. It also needs to extend. The largest TV I can fit this was is 55". I have explored so many different mounts and even considered combining an articulating arm with a rotating mount. While workable in theory, here are the two biggest obstacles I have come across.

1. For this to work the point of rotation has to be centered to the TV. Most TVs do not have their mounting points centered top to bottom. This requires offsetting the mounting plate that attaches to the TV. In addition, most TVs center of gravity is not in the center of the TV which brings in problem number two...

2. Any mount I have seen that allows rotating from portrait to landscape will not stay in the portrait position if the weight is off centered. (It might for smaller TV's but this is the number one complaint on any rotating mount that has reviews.)

I'm hoping someone here has had the same need and has solved this problem. Any advice is welcome!

Thanks.

I would think that from a load bearing point of view what you might actually want to consider is a large disc based wall mounted circular turntable type arrangement if you are going to be regularly using a large weighty display in portrait and landscape modes. I did consider doing this in the past specifically so I could play the classic bullet hell arcade shooter Ikaruga in full screen mode but that was when I had a lowly 32" LCD. On my 55" OLED it looks fine even with the borders. The current mount I use is an Omnimount which can be pulled out from the wall by about 20 inches and then then can be swung to the left or right to allow easy access to the rear of the display. There is tilt and rotate adjustment on it but not to the extremes of 90 degrees of rotation.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom