1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotate the screen on the computer?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kurben, Oct 4, 2001.

1. kurben

kurben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have searched the net now for two days for a software that can rotate the screen on my PC so that I can mount my Sony VPL CX1 upsidedown on the celing. The only program I have found is a Tweaker for the ATI radeon, where you can rotate the screen to any angle. But I don't have a ATI Radeon, I have a Geforce and want to keep that.
    Is there anyone who have a program that could do this or similar?

Regards.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not too technical on the PC front but I don't think the graphics card makes any difference. I've got an Iiyama AS4431D LCD flat panel monitor and it came with some software called Pivot, this allows the display to be offset by 90 degrees as the monitor can be swivelled (pivoted?) to allow a portrait orientation to the display for viewing Word documents, web pages etc.

Its a long shot but it might be what youre looking for. Any probs let me have your e-mail and I'll send you the disc.

3. kurben

kurben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also found a rigistry set for the ATI graphics cards if someone would be interested in that.
    Just copy the following text into a text file and name it with a *.reg extension. And run it, you will now have some new settings in the advanced propeties of you display settings. It is a shame that I don't have a ATI card...

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATI Technologies\Desktop\0000]
    @=""

"WarningMessage"=dword:00000000
    "Rage6"=""
    "Projector"=dword:00000001
    "Rotation"=dword:00000001
    "KC1"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATI Technologies\Desktop\0000\UIO]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATI Technologies\Desktop\0000\UIO\Displays]
    "0"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATI Technologies\Desktop\0000\Rotation]
    "NormalView"=dword:00000001
    "Rotate90"=dword:00000001
    "Rotate180"=dword:00000001
    "Rotate270"=dword:00000001
    "ToggleBetween0-90Degrees"=dword:00000001
    "ToggleBetween0-180Degrees"=dword:00000001
    "ToggleBetween0-270Degrees"=dword:00000001

4. RichardA

RichardA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kurben,

Be very careful before running a LCD or DLP projector upside down.

The heat management around the lamp etc. is usually designed to work with the projector the right way up. If it is inverted the heat may not be able to escape and may cause serious (explosive)problems!

Check the manual first! The very fact that the projector does not have a picture invert facility indicates that it should not be run inverted.

Hope this helps

Richard.

5. kurben

kurben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well now I have tested the programs first on a ordinary CRT screen, and on both of the applications (Ati registry and Pivot).

My conclusion is that it is not possible to use these programs because all the applications ran in slowmotion when you rotaded the screen.

And as Richard said there could be a problem with the heat.

I will have to use it as supposed to.. Or mayby if I modi..... No.