Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Rory Gallagher at Rockpalast

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by PaulBoy, May 31, 2004.

1. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I was so pleased when I bought "Thin Lizzy at Rockpalast" to see there was an RG DVD coming out on 25th May ...
    Well I took delivery of my copy & its great! OK the PQ & SQ are a bit dodgy but this is concert footage filmed for German TV back in 1976 77 & 79! - There's a Stereo 2.0 track & a DD5.1 the stereo is a bit "thin" but the 5.1 is decent enough - The really good news is there's 222 minutes on 32 tracks covering a wide range of RG stuff including about nine acoustic tracks - the third concert in 79 is what's described as a "jam session" but this only refers to Frankie Miller singing on a few tracks with RG doing some great blues standards such as Walkin The Dog ; Sea Cruise & finishing with Roll Over Beethoven!
    RG fans will be thrilled that there is finally something other than "Irish Tour" on DVD - I haven't stopped playing the DVD - so what are you waiting for! :clap:

2. ratso-rizzo

ratso-rizzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is indeed a splendid DVD - both versions of Take What I Want are red hot and the first version of Western Plain is fantastic.

Mail me at davymoore1@supanet.com I may have something you would be very interested in. (Don't worry - I'm not trying to flog something!).

Ratso