Rory Gallagher at Rockpalast

PaulBoy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was so pleased when I bought "Thin Lizzy at Rockpalast" to see there was an RG DVD coming out on 25th May ...
Well I took delivery of my copy & its great! OK the PQ & SQ are a bit dodgy but this is concert footage filmed for German TV back in 1976 77 & 79! - There's a Stereo 2.0 track & a DD5.1 the stereo is a bit "thin" but the 5.1 is decent enough - The really good news is there's 222 minutes on 32 tracks covering a wide range of RG stuff including about nine acoustic tracks - the third concert in 79 is what's described as a "jam session" but this only refers to Frankie Miller singing on a few tracks with RG doing some great blues standards such as Walkin The Dog ; Sea Cruise & finishing with Roll Over Beethoven!
RG fans will be thrilled that there is finally something other than "Irish Tour" on DVD - I haven't stopped playing the DVD - so what are you waiting for! :clap:

PaulBoy said:
I was so pleased when I bought "Thin Lizzy at Rockpalast" to see there was an RG DVD coming out on 25th May ...
Well I took delivery of my copy & its great! OK the PQ & SQ are a bit dodgy but this is concert footage filmed for German TV back in 1976 77 & 79! - There's a Stereo 2.0 track & a DD5.1 the stereo is a bit "thin" but the 5.1 is decent enough - The really good news is there's 222 minutes on 32 tracks covering a wide range of RG stuff including about nine acoustic tracks - the third concert in 79 is what's described as a "jam session" but this only refers to Frankie Miller singing on a few tracks with RG doing some great blues standards such as Walkin The Dog ; Sea Cruise & finishing with Roll Over Beethoven!
RG fans will be thrilled that there is finally something other than "Irish Tour" on DVD - I haven't stopped playing the DVD - so what are you waiting for! :clap:

It is indeed a splendid DVD - both versions of Take What I Want are red hot and the first version of Western Plain is fantastic.

Mail me at [email protected] I may have something you would be very interested in. (Don't worry - I'm not trying to flog something!).

Ratso

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom