Root Your HTC Desire Discussion Thread

He he yeah was surprised to see Hero selling here for approx 100 quid ; Its a good option

Absolutely agree..

Anyone with a hero should give it a go to really give it a new lease of life:thumbsup:

For anyone thats trying out new desire Roms with Sense, I fully recommend the 'official froyo HTC sense Rom' version 1.0c made by AdamG over at xda. Over the past couple of weeks I've tried numerous roms (pays87, djdroid, devillian etc) and this is the only one that I've kept for more than a few days.

It's fairly close to stock, and so far haven't had any major bugs.

For anyone thats trying out new desire Roms with Sense, I fully recommend the 'official froyo HTC sense Rom' version 1.0c made by AdamG over at xda. Over the past couple of weeks I've tried numerous roms (pays87, djdroid, devillian etc) and this is the only one that I've kept for more than a few days.

It's fairly close to stock, and so far haven't had any major bugs.

Thanks for the recommendation, been running devillain since last night and all is well - I must give 1.0c a try:thumbsup:

With Rooting and flashing a new Rom does this essentially unlock your phone allowing you to use with a SIM from any network?

Guys. If this thread doesn't make sense in parts its because I've moved all discussions on rooting (and custom roms) to this thread from elsewhere. So apologies if theres anything that seems out of place

My internal memory is looking a little bit low. So far after installing the Handsent, My Backup Pro and Shazam (just over 5MB it total), my memory is showing 66.66MB. I'm running the latest 2.2 ROM with Sence...What memory do you folks have ?.

What was the intetnal memory size on the desire 2.1 before installing any apps ?....

Thanks

My internal memory is looking a little bit low. So far after installing the Handsent, My Backup Pro and Shazam (just over 5MB it total), my memory is showing 66.66MB. I'm running the latest 2.2 ROM with Sence...What memory do you folks have ?.

What was the intetnal memory size on the desire 2.1 before installing any apps ?....

Thanks
I have noticed that too. It seems to take up alot of internal memory. So much so, that I am thinking switching back to my old ROM, for more internal space. I used to have a ton of apps installed, but now I only have a bare few :(

Edit* Also, move to SD card doesn't work for apps.

Using my desire to share it's network connection to my iPad In a moving car. It works surprisingly well!

I have noticed that too. It seems to take up alot of internal memory. So much so, that I am thinking switching back to my old ROM, for more internal space. I used to have a ton of apps installed, but now I only have a bare few :(

Edit* Also, move to SD card doesn't work for apps.

Some apps can be moved to SD card but have to be enabled in the code of the app when written e.g.Titanium Backup. As 2.2 is so new this has not yet happened on the majority of apps yet but will change.

Some apps can be moved to SD card but have to be enabled in the code of the app when written e.g.Titanium Backup. As 2.2 is so new this has not yet happened on the majority of apps yet but will change.
But the "move to sd card" button is enabled and is press-able. And several apps have been updated for 2.2. And yet none of those work either!

But the "move to sd card" button is enabled and is press-able. And several apps have been updated for 2.2. And yet none of those work either!

That is strange as I can move these new apps to SD card, when moved they show up on the SD card and give me the option to move back to phone. What ROM are you using?

The problem I found with froyo apps2sd is that apparently even when the app is 'stored' on the SD card, part of it is also installed on internal memory. For this reason I would always use 'old style' apps2sd - with an ext partition, particularly as most custom roms include it anyway.

Using my desire to share it's network connection to my iPad In a moving car. It works surprisingly well!

Just to follow on from this you can use the sat nav and wifi hotspot at the same time.

Well impressed. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom