Roon DSP Settings

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by scol78, Aug 11, 2018.

Tags:

1. scol78

scol78

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +24
      Is anyone using Roon and willing to post their DSP settings ?

2. Khazul

Khazul

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +676
      I have the DSP switched off completely. The only processing Roon does is first MQA unfold to my S2 which I have to just do the render stage.

What specifically are you after / looking to changer etc?

3. Khazul

Khazul

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +676
      Well I tend to listen to everything flay anyway - even my amp's tone controls are flat.
      I don't really use headphones at home either, so no use for the rather good headphone listening controls.

Also while I know some people say they prefer the sound with oversampling switched on, this to me just suggests that they are hearing the effects of more filter artifact being bright into play due to the need for additional up-sampling filter. Of course the compensating factor is needing a less aggressive filter at the analog reconstruction stage.

I just prefer as clean a signal path as practical with minimal processing.

That said, I do think RoonLabs have done a decent and very flexible job and certainly seem to be using good algorithms.

DSP settings will tend to vary from one person to the next according to their personal taste and the music they listen to and the room they are listening on. It could be worth trying room measurements with the Room Eq Wizard application (needs a measuring mic) and setting up the EQ curves it comes up with. REW - Room EQ Wizard Room Acoustics Software

4. larkone

larkone

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,261
      How would others DSP setting help improve the sound for your living room? That needs what Khazul suggested to know what needs adjusting to correct for your room, anything else is just guess work.