Room with an HD view

:rotfl: i could probably do with it :rotfl:

evening Al,

how's tricks? coving and skirting will be done soon (when i can be arsed!)

as for the new velvet, that'll be happening very soon :D i'll have to pop in and see you redecorated room when i pick it up :smashin:

as for the beer, i'm off for a few now in the sun :cool:

Great work there andi. Really impressed with your effort and dedication. The end result looks quality. Well done :thumbsup:

very good Al, more pics tomorrow afternoon if i get the swamp outside sorted :rotfl:

i haven't done the velvet on the ceiling yet but the sides and new screen wall look superb, makes a massive difference.

keep checking this thread more pics very very soon :smashin:

very good Al, more pics tomorrow afternoon if i get the swamp outside sorted :rotfl:
keep checking this thread more pics very very soon :smashin:

And they say tomorrow never comes. :rotfl:

How's it going Andy? Got the PJ back up and running yet?

hi ian,

i'd forgotten about this thread, pj isn't back yet, will be another week or so :(

i'vehad bigger problems to deal with, my HDMI matrix went on the blink for some unknown reason which meant i couldn't get anything to work in the lounge :eek:

the missus wasn't to happy. it's working now but the equipent rack is a mess, cables and stuff all over the place.
i dont want to tidy it incase it breaks anything again. might just make a bigger box to put round it all

Andicapped - top job mate!!

I have taken a lot of usefult tips from this for a project I am starting in a couple of months. Just building my kit up at the moment.

Question for you. I have a solid concrete ceiling, so plan to put a false ceiling in very similar to yours for 2 reasons...
1. Hide the cables to my PJ
2. Fit spots.

How much space do you need to leave between the ceiling and plasterboard to get spots in there?

Cheers mate

hi ian,

i'd forgotten about this thread, pj isn't back yet, will be another week or so :(

Nightmare Andy, I'd be suffering withdrawal symptoms by now.

Have you got the matrix sorted now or are you just using a workaround?

i dont want to tidy it incase it breaks anything again.

Not heard that excuse before. :rotfl:

Andicapped - top job mate!!

I have taken a lot of usefult tips from this for a project I am starting in a couple of months. Just building my kit up at the moment.

Question for you. I have a solid concrete ceiling, so plan to put a false ceiling in very similar to yours for 2 reasons...
1. Hide the cables to my PJ
2. Fit spots.

How much space do you need to leave between the ceiling and plasterboard to get spots in there?

Cheers mate

Hi edhellaby,
thanks for the comments.

as for spotlights i cant help, i didn't use spot lights. my lights are wall mounted.

However, i lowered the ceiling about a foot to cover a beam that ran from front to back. i'm guessing that it depends on our spot lights as to how much room you need to leave, and with concrete above you i's have no idea \, sorry mate

keep us posted on your project tho :smashin: i'm sure someone around here will be able to help

Andy

Nightmare Andy, I'd be suffering withdrawal symptoms by now.

Have you got the matrix sorted now or are you just using a workaround?

i've left it well alone, seems to be working at the moment and i'm gonna leave it until friday (my day off)
i'm in the process of building a window seat in my bay window for the TV to sit on, so once that's finished i'll play around with the matrix and other equipment

Not heard that excuse before. :rotfl:

i use it all the time, works like a charm :D

Cheers Andy. A real inspiration to us all there. And BTW - love the PJ shelf, i'm pretty new to all of this but what is the advantage of a shelf over a mount? I'm thinking a mount would be easier....

Yep I hope to get a thread very similar to yours going some time soon. Unfortunately I don't have too much experience in DIY so will have to rely on paying builders to come in and do most of it for me which is a shame.

Good job mate!
:thumbsup:

Nice job mate but I have to say that you've done yourself no favours using that polystyrene coving!!

There is no replacement for proper plaster coving and if you really can't be bothered with that then B&Q do a plastic type that is much easier to work with and looks the real thing!! (12m is £20 from B&Q).

I know in the grand scheme of things its minor but when you've gone to so much trouble with the equipment etc - to go and stick up naff (in my opinion) placky tack :nono: :nono:

Great setup tho :)

Don't take my criticism the wrong way bud :thumbsup:

Nice job mate but I have to say that you've done yourself no favours using that polystyrene coving!!

There is no replacement for proper plaster coving and if you really can't be bothered with that then B&Q do a plastic type that is much easier to work with and looks the real thing!! (12m is £20 from B&Q).

I know in the grand scheme of things its minor but when you've gone to so much trouble with the equipment etc - to go and stick up naff (in my opinion) placky tack :nono: :nono:

Great setup tho :)

Don't take my criticism the wrong way bud :thumbsup:

My thoughts entirely! Your pad looks brilliant all the work you have put in, months, days, please please get some decent coving!

Its only constructive criticism and in no way do i mean to offend but you would'nt put a spoiler on a Rolls Royce!

Well done on the build, its superb.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom