Room treatment - Radiators - black?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hi,

So as part of room treatment, I've replaced a white radiator which was too high for the image on the screen.

Sadly the family have bought a medium/light gray radiator. This is positioned below the screen. Is there a way in which I can make this black or disguise it which people have done or used?

Their idea was the light grey would match the colour of the wall/projector screen, which is true, except I was planning to mask the bottom part with black MVEL22 panels temporarily.

Any solutions for this or work arounds other than returning it? Maybe have MVEL22 cloth over the radiator at all times lol?

Thanks for any advice!

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
I bought this to coat mine.

C493D844-69E9-4807-B494-18C4827BE3AD.jpeg

I redid the outside stove with it and it’s properly black. Only a few quid and if it didn’t look black enough for you then cover it.

Worth a go.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I bought this to coat mine.

View attachment 1499193
I redid the outside stove with it and it’s properly black. Only a few quid and if it didn’t look black enough for you then cover it.

Worth a go.

Thanks mate. I think I'll end up just putting some MEVEL22 over it permanently as its a pretty light fabric so I hope it won't absorb too much heat. Will actually make my room treatment easier as I won't need to buy panels for that part of the wall lol

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Thanks mate. I think I'll end up just putting some MEVEL22 over it permanently as its a pretty light fabric so I hope it won't absorb too much heat. Will actually make my room treatment easier as I won't need to buy panels for that part of the wall lol
It will make your radiator the most inefficient radiator in the world. It won’t work mate.

GrazzaB

You can get paint you can easily put on a radiator, just get some heat-resistant black paint and you’ll be fine.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
It will make your radiator the most inefficient radiator in the world. It won’t work mate.

crap.. cheers man. :(

You can get paint you can easily put on a radiator, just get some heat-resistant black paint and you’ll be fine.

Cheers mate, I might try illuminates paint then.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom