Promoted Room Treatment – This Year's Snake Oil?

Seriously Ltd

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Very interested to hear some of these. I also will say that while I never use room correction for obvious reasons the only one time I heard room correction I liked was in a room with a Lyngdorf setup. So I am looking forward to expereince the difference. My main gripe with systems is that they alter the way my speakers sound, taking away dynamics.

The only issue with testing in showrooms is that you have no reference point. One must listen in their own room that they know well.
When you are ready get in touch.
RoomPerfect will allow your speakers to perform and sound as intended without altering their sonic signature.

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
Personally I think room treatment and EQ can be overdone killing dynamics and balance

EQ for low frequencies and treatment for high frequencies imo, you don’t want an overly live room or too dead. Most fabric heavy rooms like cinema rooms probably need or benefit from very little Treatment

I did spend some money with GIK to address flutter echo dispersion is your friend as well as absorbtion if careful worked very well

You can’t deal with flutter echo with EQ, Dirac Room Perfect won’t be doing that and if they did via software I’m not sure I’d want to listen to it

Kingchin

Room correction can only do so much in regards to direct and side reflections. In a large room with a good distance from the speaker's to all the walls I would imagine room correction would work fairly well. If you can't have acoustic room treatment in your room.

But in a average size UK room which is usually small with the speaker's close to all the walls some absorbing and diffusion will work wonders. If you are able to implement room treatment into your room. Most people can't if it's a living room so some room correction is the alternative next best option.

I've got a couple of GIK acoustics hybrid Evolution PolyFusors plus some other companies hybrid absorber/diffuser panels and diffusers. Not installed all the acoustic panels yet, installed one of the GIK acoustics PolyFusors yesterday.

The staff at GIK acoustics are helpful offering advice on room layout, panel panel placements etc. They don't just sell you the panels and expect you to figure it out for yourself. I already researched and pre planned where I would be placing all my panels. But it's nice for companies to guide you through, it shows they care.

Looks massive in my small living room at the moment haha but in a few days time it probably won't look that big anymore. I do like the curved design rather than the usual flat acoustic panels.
IMG_20210408_165347.jpg

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Room correction can only do so much in regards to direct and side reflections. In a large room with a good distance from the speaker's to all the walls I would imagine room correction would work fairly well. If you can't have acoustic room treatment in your room.
My kitchen is 9.5m x 7.5m, so not small. Because there are hard surfaces everywhere, the sound is awful in there, and it will never be possible for room correction alone to fix the issue. Now obviously a home cinema won't be completely bare, a cartpet and seats will make a start on improving the sound, so room EQ can then make it sound decent. But we're not only after decent here, and if you want it really good, then some acoustic treatments (in the right place) will help.

Of course, like you say, not everyone can accommodate panels in their room, so if it's not a dedicated room you may have to compromise.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom