Question Room temperatures ?

panman40

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so what's the general feeling about using non fixed screens and projectors when it's warm ?, my sitting room is 22/23 degrees in the evening now with this hot weather. I don't want to mess up either my pj or screen, how hot is to hot ?.

I had a pj in a loft room that used to get warmer than that, and didn't have any heat related problems. I would think that most pjs these days have a high temperature shut down point to prevent damage.

Does the spec for your screen have any temperature limits?

Gary

It should be absolutely fine. If you dig out the manuals for your kit there is an operating range of temperatures listed, most electrical kit is usually ok between 5 - 40 degrees centigrade, it'll quite often be ok outside that range. 22 degrees is a pretty average room temperature nowadays!

I prefer around 18/19 myself.

Thanks for that, I will check through my manuals to make sure, I'm not a fan of heat myself and am ok up to 20 degrees, anything more is to hot I find. I was thinking the PJ heat would make it worse to and didn't want to cause premature edge curl on the screen. Ive even had to swap to cold beers from red wine.

25.2 in our lounge this morning at 8AM

It's days like today that I'm very thankful for having air con!

My room currently bares more than a passing resemblance to a slightly larger version of one of the sweat boxes in Cool Hand Luke.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom