Room & Speaker Layout Input

grimmravens

Novice Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are about to start finishing our basement. We want to have it setup for being able to watch tv (mostly sports) and movies. Due to the windows and large glass door (facing south, so good amount of sunlight), we decided to do an 85" flat panel, with a retractable in-ceiling screen we could use for movie nights. With the flat panel and windows, L/C/R placement isn't ideal. Our plan right now is in-wall Monitor Audio CP-WT380s for LCR, Soundframe 3's for surrounds, CP-WT150s for rears, Monoprice 15" sub, and in ceiling height channels (x4 - speakers TBD). I'm hoping the forums here can guide me on a few questions:

1) General speaker placement (speakers are colored green in the images). I had to go below the flat panel due to the windows. Is there a better place for LCR?
2) As for rears, is it okay that they are so far behind the listening area?
3) The wife doesn't want a big ugly black sub in the seating area near the TV. How bad is it to place the sub in the back of the room?
4) We liked the idea of a riser to try to split up the bar area from the theater area. Is it just too much in this space?
5) General input on speakers selected - Should I be considering something else as an alternative?

Thanks!
Overall Room Dims.PNG
LCR.PNG
Rear-Sub.PNG

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom