Room Size

SadR0bot

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive seen a few posts referring to room sizes usually referring to small/largeish rooms. Satellites too weak to fill the room, floorstanders too dominating for a small room etc. Just wondering, what exactly is considered a small room??

Im moving house soon and the living room is about 14ft sq. I was thinking about either the Mordaunt Short Premiere Plus or Mordaunt Short Avant 904i packages.

Given the size of the room will the 904i package be too dominating, or will the Premiere Plus be underwhelming..

May sound like a daft question but Ive never actually owned anything like this before so dont have any real reference point.

For a reference, my hi-fi listening room is 11ft squared or so and 2 Bookshelf speakers fill it with sound and then some, I would say that this is about the right match.

My living room is 12ft x 17ft or something close and 2 bookshelfs, a centre and 2 satellite surrounds do not really have enough balls for delivering film soundtracks with real impact. A sub would sort this though.

In a room that is about 14 ft squared such as yours I would imagine that floorstanders for fronts or bookshelfs with a sub would be about right. I am not sure how satellites would perform in a room of your size, though I suppose that the quality could play quite a big part in that.

Will be interesting to see what others day. I speak only from my own limited experience!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom