1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Room size: 4x4m which svs model is to take?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by natrilix, Jan 8, 2005.

1. natrilix

natrilix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

so, this is my first post in this forum!
    I´m from south germany, and a friend told me about the incerdible performance of the svs subwoofers.
    He uses 2 PB12 Plus models and is really excited about the deepness they create...
    so I´m just on the way to buy a new subwoofer - at the moment I use in my 4x4m sized room a Dynaudio Sub 500. He is very musician, but not really deep. I miss the punch in the lower frequencies.
    My Front speakers are 2 Dynaudio Contour 3.3, so in the middle/lower bass I have a good performance, and I would use the sub only under 40Hz... my receiver is also set to a crossover frequency at 40Hz.
    The experience of my friend and during studiing the svs website I think the right model could be a PB12-ISD/2 - this sub could abuse the lack of deep bass-fealing.

Some informations and experiences from you colud help to get a decision!

Thanks!

Thomas

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I would guess by your post that you haven't heard your friend's system with the two SVS subs.

I think that the PB12-ISD/2 would be ideal for you as it would have the punch that you want at the lower frequencies and is probably the right choice for your sized room.

If you like your friend's idea of running a pair of subwoofers another alternative could be a pair of the cheaper PB10-ISD subwoofers. I have one of these and was astounded at the quality of deep bass that came from it.

The PB10-ISD does not have any high level connectors though and isn't suitable for anyone that doesn't want to control the bass from the AV amplifier.

3. natrilix

natrilix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

thats the problem... i need a High Level input...
    I run my stereo and my surround system paralell - for stereo I use the NAD C372 amp, and dor surround sound I take an T752 surround receiver.
    So for homecinema and stereo i have to change the main-in and pre-out connections. That isn´t the best solution, but it sounds really good.
    So I would just use the sub on the LFE output of my surround receiver.

I haven´t heard yet the my friends system, but he is so convinced from svs that I just trust in his opinion.