Room recommendations

@Kingchin and how are you ensuring the construction of those will exactly correct the errors the room creates?
One of my 14 acoustic panels -
IMG_20210408_165347.jpg

No thanks. I'll stick with RoomPerfect.
As will the majority stick with room correction or nothing because of the WAF. The panel doesn't look quite as big straight on view -
IMG_20210408_165413.jpg

Only have two of those panels. The others are all different designs and colours to blend in with the other different colour walls in my living room.

As will the majority stick with room correction or nothing because of the WAF. The panel doesn't look quite as big straight on view -
View attachment 1503022

Only have two of those panels. The others are all different designs and colours to blend in with the other different colour walls in my living room.

Each to their own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but even if I was single, I would never put any of those in my lounge. Just my viewpoint. Others are free to disagree.

BTW, Lyngdorf's Room Perfect takes me about 20 mins max to calibrate. Checking with REW afterwards, if needed (mostly not needed), takes about the same time. After that it's just sitting, listening and enjoying. No audio engineering expertise really needed. Works for me. :D

Last edited:
Room treatment is very easy to implement it's not rocket science unlike room correction which is way more complicated. First you find out the reflections points on the walls, then you check the specs of the panels on the websites and choose the ones with the right specs that actually will make a difference to the room. A few of the room treatment companies offer advice based on the dimensions of your room and the structure of the walls. Research online and watching Audioholics Room treatment YouTube videos with Anthony Grimani one of the best Acoustician's in the world.

Whereas you using room correction you aren't a expert so you won't know along with the improvements what errors the room correction is also adding to sound coming out of the speakers. And you won't have a professionally calibrated £3000 - £30,000 microphone plus the knowledge required to measure the spinorana data of your specific speakers. To ensure the curve the speaker manufacturer used for the speaker design isn't altered changed. I'm not saying room correction isn't useful WAF etc but to actually do it properly with the full benefits takes a lot of skill.
So you don’t use any software at all to measure where the acoustic panels should be placed. Side reflections for instance where the treble usually can be seen by using a mirror.

So you don’t use any software at all to measure where the acoustic panels should be placed. Side reflections for instance where the treble usually can be seen by using a mirror.
You don't need software to measure where the acoustic panels should be placed. I use the mirror trick with the help from a friend. You can also calculate the reflection points by the dimensions of your room.

Room treatment is very easy to implement it's not rocket science unlike room correction which is way more complicated.
Then you really haven't experienced RoomPerfect then have you. I have 2 Lyngdorf systems and RoomPerfect is fully automatic and takes 20 minutes to run and they supply a calibrated mike and mike stand to accomplish this with. Nothing complicated at all which is why I went that route as I didn't want to spend days with REW. A lot less complicate than what you are suggesting. The result is a sublime integration of my sub and main speakers, absolutely seamless, music has never sounded better and it is not just me the wife has praised the improvement. She can now 'hear all of the words'.

So you have put lots of anti reflection in the room but how are you measuring and dealing with the room modes? You haven't said.

Each to their own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but even if I was single, I would never put any of those in my lounge. Just my viewpoint. Others are free to disagree.

BTW, Lyngdorf's Room Perfect takes me about 20 mins max to calibrate. Checking with REW afterwards takes about the same time. After that it's just sitting, listening and enjoying. No audio engineering expertise really needed. Works for me. :D
Yep agree everyone's decor tastes are different 👍🏾 I'll be posting a thread once my living room is complete. At the end of the day as long as I like the way it looks is all that matters.

40 minutes with RoomPerfect and Room EQ Wizard not bad. It only takes me 5 minutes to drill a few screws and hang a few panels up. No audio engineering expertise needed either. 😁

@Kingchin You seriously live with those in your living room - sorry but :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Then you really haven't experienced RoomPerfect then have you. I have 2 Lyngdorf systems and RoomPerfect is fully automatic and takes 20 minutes to run and they supply a calibrated mike and mike stand to accomplish this with. Nothing complicated at all which is why I went that route as I didn't want to spend days with REW. A lot less complicate than what you are suggesting. The result is a sublime integration of my sub and main speakers, absolutely seamless, music has never sounded better and it is not just me the wife has praised the improvement. She can now 'hear all of the words'.

So you have put lots of anti reflection in the room but how are you measuring and dealing with the room modes? You haven't said.
If you read my previous posts properly you will find I said RoomPerfect was one of the simple room correction solutions available. I am buying two new subwoofers once funds are available, which will be carefully positioned as will my seating position.

That's good you and the wife personally enjoy the sound from your speakers. But even RoomPerfect can't magically stop sound waves repeatedly bouncing from wall to wall.

That's why music studios and commercial cinemas all use absorption and diffusion on the walls. It improves the sound quality regardless if room correction is also used.

@Kingchin You seriously live with those in your living room - sorry but :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
WTF mate my living room probably looks much nicer than yours. And my room treatments will have a much more audible beneficial difference above 200Hz than your RoomPerfect 👌🏾

In fact you have previously posted one of your rooms. And you say I seriously live with those in my living room. Check the nick of your own house decor, looks like a granny pad haha 🤣
PicsArt_04-29-05.55.32.jpg

PicsArt_04-29-05.56.00.jpg

Nice speaker though 🔊

Last edited:
In my opinion.

Bass <~300hz can only be corrected with eq (after positioning) in a non commercial space.
Bass eq makes more difference than treatment of mids and highs.

Well designed speakers (good spin data) respond to eq in mids and highs, but more so with room treatment. (Rt60)

Sorting a room's sound is not just about reflections, if you think that then you are really missing the point. You haven't said how you are addressing room modes.

If you think that slapping those on the wall makes your room look great then I am very pleased for you - confused but pleased you are happy

Yep agree everyone's decor tastes are different 👍🏾 I'll be posting a thread once my living room is complete. At the end of the day as long as I like the way it looks is all that matters.

40 minutes with RoomPerfect and Room EQ Wizard not bad. It only takes me 5 minutes to drill a few screws and hang a few panels up. No audio engineering expertise needed either. 😁

My wife would be drilling through my temples if I even attempted to put one of those up in our lounge. Sorry! ;)

Sorting a room's sound is not just about reflections, if you think that then you are really missing the point. You haven't said how you are addressing room modes.

If you think that slapping those on the wall makes your room look great then I am very pleased for you - confused but pleased you are happy
Don't put words in people's mouths 🤦🏾‍♂️ and try reading people's posts properly. I said I will be using multiple subwoofers positioned correctly and my seating position positioned properly to deal with standing waves peaks and nulls. Plus I'll also be using the room correction EQ on the subwoofers to get a smooth bass.

In my opinion.

Bass <~300hz can only be corrected with eq (after positioning) in a non commercial space.
Bass eq makes more difference than treatment of mids and highs.

Well designed speakers (good spin data) respond to eq in mids and highs, but more so with room treatment. (Rt60)
That's basically what I've been saying. And I'm not against using room correction EQ for the subwoofers. I'm not just slapping absorption panels on my walls.

I've done extensive research plus asked several reputable companies the ideal panels and positioning for my specific room.

Im using mostly hybrid absorption/diffusion panels. With a few diffuser panels that are scattering the mids and highs. It does make a beneficial audible difference in some rooms.

Acoustic panels don't need to be perfect, just better than before.

Problem with reverb or brightness, no panels 0%, perfection 100%, a good try 80%

Acoustic panels don't need to be perfect, just better than before.

Problem with reverb or brightness, no panels 0%, perfection 100%, a good try 80%
I'm already pretty decent for reverb with a carpeted room, no wooden/laminate flooring. But my acoustic panels once all installed will make the reverb time even better.

Last edited:
Room treatment is very easy to implement it's not rocket science unlike room correction which is way more complicated. First you find out the reflections points on the walls, then you check the specs of the panels on the websites and choose the ones with the right specs that actually will make a difference to the room. A few of the room treatment companies offer advice based on the dimensions of your room and the structure of the walls. Research online and watching Audioholics Room treatment YouTube videos with Anthony Grimani one of the best Acoustician's in the world.

Whereas you using room correction you aren't a expert so you won't know along with the improvements what errors the room correction is also adding to sound coming out of the speakers. And you won't have a professionally calibrated £3000 - £30,000 microphone plus the knowledge required to measure the spinorana data of your specific speakers. To ensure the curve the speaker manufacturer used for the speaker design isn't altered changed. I'm not saying room correction isn't useful WAF etc but to actually do it properly with the full benefits takes a lot of skill.

Clueless.

The point of RoomPerfect is quite the direct opposite of what you’ve just stated.

Here’s a thought. Borrow or buy a RoomPerfcect amp.

Remove all the nonsense from your walls. Run the room correction, give your brain a day or two to re-adjust, and see how wrong you’ve been all this time.

Clueless.

The point of RoomPerfect is quite the direct opposite of what you’ve just stated.

Here’s a thought. Borrow or buy a RoomPerfcect amp.

Remove all the nonsense from your walls. Run the room correction, give your brain a day or two to re-adjust, and see how wrong you’ve been all this time.
My post you quoted didn't mention RoomPerfect it said "room correction" I'm well aware Peter Lyngdorf researched and experimented for many years to produce a room correction solution that didn't affect the natural sound characteristics of the speakers used with it.

But even RoomPerfect isn't perfect. It's impossible for any room correction software to only have all positive effects and no negative effects. There will be some errors produced even if some of those errors aren't audible.

"Remove all the nonsense from my walls" it's that incorrect statement that is nonsense 🤣 You don't care about getting the best sound performance out of your room, but I and many others actually do. If acoustic panels on the walls didn't make a noticeable audible improvement then commercial cinemas and music studios listening rooms would just have untreated walls like yourself 👍🏾

No current room correction EQ has the ability to change or enhance the reflections in the room. RoomPerfect, Trinnov, DIRAC etc don't negate the need for a good room - ie an acoustically treated room 👌🏾
PicsArt_04-30-07.36.58.jpg

Last edited:
My post you quoted didn't mention RoomPerfect it said "room correction" I'm well aware Peter Lyngdorf researched and experimented for many years to produce a room correction solution that didn't affect the natural sound characteristics of the speakers used with it.

But even RoomPerfect isn't perfect. It's impossible for any room correction software to only have all positive effects and no negative effects. There will be some errors produced even if some of those errors aren't audible.

Remove all the nonsense from my walls 🤣 you don't care about getting the best sound performance out of your room but I and many others actually do. If acoustic panels on the walls didn't make a noticeable audible improvement then commercial cinemas and music studios listening rooms would just have untreated walls like yourself 👍🏾

I think I’ve just lost the will to live...

I think I’ve just lost the will to live...
You said remove the nonsense from my walls, are you actually that stupid and not realise how silly you sound. Anyone involved in music or film sound production will tell you that a accousticly treated room will make the sound of the room audibly better to the ear.

Lost the will to live... No one can help you being absolutely clueless about room treatment! Your comments about only needing RoomPerfect and no room treatment to get the best performance out of the speakers is false spreading misinformation.

If it actually was true then every commercial cinema would just use RoomPerfect and zero acoustic room treatments. And so would every music studios listening room. But they don't, they use room treatments combined with some room correction. Usually Trinnov for the Atmos cinemas.

I'll leave it at that, no point keep commenting. As you're just digging yourself further into a hole with your ludicrous statements!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom