Room layout (diagram within)

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Rajsaww, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Rajsaww

Rajsaww
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi guys

Looking for some opinions on a room layout and where to put the TV. Ideally I would like it opposite the bed.

In order to do this, it means the TV will be between two windows. I was just wondering if there were any rules/ guides about having a Plasma between windows. Will it make it hard to view?

[​IMG]

Intended room layout.

Any comments/ alternative layouts appreciated. I quite like this layout as I can watch the TV when at the desk so it works quite well.

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    I don't see any reason why the windows should have any effect on the TV.:confused:
    In a rectangular room I'd have the TV on one of the narrower walls so as to get the best advantage from a 5:1 sound system, but if you don't want one then it looks fine your way.

3. Rajsaww

Rajsaww
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I was thinking that the light from the windows would make it hard to see to screen.

4. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    They shouldn't but do you use the bedroom in daylight anyway?

5. mikej

mikej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Does sunlight shine directly through these windows ? If it does, then you might find you can see yourself reflected in your screen more than the TV image itself ! To be honest though, this problem often exists in a bright room no matter where you position the TV. Blinds will help with this and reduce any glare.

If you watch mainly in the evening and at night then, as pointed out above, this might not be an issue for you.

I would only choose your proposed layout if the TV was going to be watched mainly from the bed. Viewing from the desk or sofa looks less than ideal IMO.