1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

room dimensions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dan76n, Oct 2, 2003.

1. dan76n

dan76n
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I am currently building a house and am adding a cinema room to it . my problem is i am unsure what size this room should be.
    currently it is looking a being 2.8 mtrs x 4.4 mtrs but think this may me a little small. any advise?

2. malcolm

malcolm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Building a house to have a Home theatre. I like your style !!!

I guess the basics to consider are how many people would you like it to sit comfortably?

My converted cellar which i'm currently fitting out is a similar size, but its just myself and the misses mostly! There is squatting room on the floor though if it gets busy!

I've calculated a 70" image from just over 3m from the HS10 i have on order.

If you are going the pj route have alook at this site. It should give you rough idea of screen size from some of the best selling Pj's

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator.cfm?part_id=1861&metric=0

Best of luck with the build.
    Mal

3. dan76n

dan76n
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    top site that Mal . thanks