1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Room dimension query

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by key130, Mar 21, 2004.

1. key130

key130
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm looking to set up a projector in my lounge but am unsure about how to locate the projector.

I'm looking at two possible positions for the projector and screen.

Option 1: wall to wall 5.2 meters. Projector screen can be up to 2m wide and 1.7m high.

Option 2: wall to wall 4.4 meters. Projector screen can be up to 2m wide and 1.7m high.

I would like the projector to be placed against the wall on a shelf. I really don't want it hanging off the ceiling (too low) or sitting on a coffee table (kids!). With either option above, is the project too far back for the room proportions? Do I need to look for some special option such as 'zoom' or something?

I've got a budget of £2.2k which I'm trying to squeeze in a projector, electric screen, 5.1 surround speakers with dvd player/amp combo(option 1 floor standing, option 2 wall mounted). Suggestions would be really helpful.

One final question. Can the projector be at the same height as the top of the projection screen or does it need to be placed a bit lower down?

Thank you.

Al.

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    A projector that has a longish lens and optical lens shift would suit as it could sit the right way up on a shelf at the back of the room. Projectors such as the Sim2 ( would blow your budget ) and the Sharp XV-Z90E spring to mind.
    Most of the entry level LCD's will give you too bigger picture and are awkward to mount on a shelf upside down if they have a fixed lens offset ( no lens shift )
    Using your 5.2m length, you would end up with an image just under 2m wide with a Sharp XV-Z90E.
    Hope this helps.

3. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If you can squeeze just a little more out of the budget we offer a great deal on the Themescene H56 which is priced at £2199 but we give you £200 to put towards anything else.