Room correction for mobile speakers

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by dazed&confused, Feb 28, 2014.

1. dazed&confused

dazed&confused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Hi guys.

I'm thinking of finally getting around to replacing my old, standard definition AV receiver and am intrigued to try room correction, along with height and width channels. For the sake of illustration, lets say the Marantz SR7008.

My issue is that during the day and for general listening, my floor-standing speakers are placed quite close to the wall and close either side of my wall-hung plasma TV. Immediately to the side of the front left speaker is an armchair in the corner. For critical listening I like to pull the speakers forward and outward wider to the sides, which necessitates sliding the armchair down into the dining area.

So, my question is this: would it be possible to set up Audessy XT32 in both the 'daytime' and 'critical listening' set-ups, and save both set-ups saved in the memory so that I can easily switch from one to the other?

2. dazed&confused

dazed&confused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    I'm surprised that no one has answered this. It is a serious question. Is it not a straightforward one?

3. MIFF INFIDELIUS

MIFF INFIDELIUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I'm not familiar with XT32 but I would have thought that every AVR come with some sort of pre-set memory these days? On my pioneer I can chose from 6 memory presets & slots or whatever we going to call it allowing me to apply settings I've made earlier or after.

Providing I fully understand your intentions, I'd advise you to refer to manual that came with your device.