Room acoustic problem

enerlevel

Standard Member
Hi all
I just moved from the bose small cubes to the mission m74. I am having some serious room acoustic problems. When I move the sofa right to the wall, I get alot of bass but when I move a bit forward, the bass seems to disappear completely.
On further testing , I noticed that when I place the bose woofer facing front , the same effect happens but when I put the woofer face the left front side wall , the bass is equal everywhere ..... What could be the problem ? And how can I position the mission speakers so it does not cancel bass ?

Ashmanuk

enerlevel said:
Hi all
I just moved from the bose small cubes to the mission m74. I am having some serious room acoustic problems. When I move the sofa right to the wall, I get alot of bass but when I move a bit forward, the bass seems to disappear completely.
On further testing , I noticed that when I place the bose woofer facing front , the same effect happens but when I put the woofer face the left front side wall , the bass is equal everywhere ..... What could be the problem ? And how can I position the mission speakers so it does not cancel bass ?

Your sofa up against the wall will have bass reinforcement from that wall, as you move the sofa away from the wall the bass will be less exaggerated OR when you move your sofa away from the wall it could end up being in a NULL and this cancels out bass, if you was in the opposite MODE then you would get increased bass or booming bass.

Leaving your sofa in one set position and then moving your sub around would then create phasing problems, active subs have a switch which you can select to 0 or 180 degrees, lets say your bass drivers from your speakers are moving outwards then the sub should be doing the same thing so in phase say 0 degrees if your bass drivers from your speakers are moving out wards but your subwoofer driver is moving inwards then this is out of phase and you would not hear a lot of bass "cancelation"

Passive subs are not ideal as you do not have much control over them so in your case you will need to experiment.
If your speakers have a bass ports then you could try and stick some socks in "don't lough" this will decrease the bass response from your speakers relative to that wall near the sofa, you never know this maybe ideal or not.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom