• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Roof bars and the Law

Keithhampson

Hi, I have a pair of roof bars and the maximum weight is 75kg, I have had a look around the internet but I can't find any legal advice regarding the maximum length, width and height, does anyone know the law regarding roof racks/bars?

Keith

BrokenArrow

If there is a rearward projection between 1m and 2m, the overhang must be made clearly visible to other road users. If there is a forward or rearward projection exceeding 2m or there is a projection on either side of the vehicle of more than 305mm or the overall width of a vehicle or any lateral (sideways) projection exceeds 2.9m, then Regulation 82 of The Road Vehicle (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 must be complied with.

http://www2.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehicles/vssafety/info-overhangingloads.pdf

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom