1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof Apature

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Alaric, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Hi there,

I've come to a little impass at the moment with my HT room build. Its a flat roofed room with no windows, however it has a hole where a roof light was and curently with a sheet of perspex masticked over it.

I've got the ceiling down inside, as we're replacing the plasterboard due to old water damage.

My problem, is what to put in the hole.....I think it would be good to have ventalation, but have no requirement for light really.

So far i've spoke to a local ventalation fabricators, with a plan for a natural ventalation system, which will cost £300 for a fabricated version, £400 for a grilled version. :confused:

I've spoke to MonoDraft the Sunpipe people, as we found them via the web and they do a ABS thingy mainly for business purposes, but a custom one is a cool £995 :eek:

I could get another roof light, but that'll give me light and little in the way of ventalation, so is a less viable option.

Has anyone got another other ideas or solutions ???

Ta,
    Lee

2. Exeter Man

Exeter Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alaric,

See link below to search facility on Barbour Index site. Basically, the Barbour Index is a directory of building product manufacturers - type in the word 'ventilation', and you'll get plenty of results to look through.

http://bpe.barbour-index.co.uk/bpe/fr_search.asp

Alternatively, you could probably knock something up yourself, but you would need to make a really good job to avoid future water ingress.

Regards