Roof Aerial Splitter?

joffy1780

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've just had a roof aerial installed to receive freeview,and the bloke reckons you can't get a splitter to send the signal (from the aerial )to more than one box.Surely this isn't true,can anybody confirm or deny this please.

P.S. This is my first post so be gentle :lease:

He's talking rubbish ! What you need is a "TV aerial distribution amplifier" which you can get from most DIY stores or Argos. The Argos one will supply 4 rooms, for £17.99 (product number 534/3102). Note that you should fit it indoors or in the loft, as close to the TV aerial as possible, and you will need a mains power supply for it. You can get others that do more rooms if you want, but not from Argos.

Well it all depends on how good your reception is.
If the reception is strong enough then you can split the signal and send it to 2 rooms without any additional equipment. But if the signal is boarderline for DTT then even a distribution amp could drop the signal too much. Somewhere in the middle of the above and a distribution amp or perhaps just a mast head amp will do the trick.
TBH a local aerial installer should know what is required for your area, although it sound like the one you used was not intersted or not properly trained for the job so get out the Yellow Pages/local paper and find another installer.

Mark.

Thanks alot, Nick :thumbsup: . I actually already have one of those.
I already have an NTL box in my upstairs room and was going to try and get a cheap Netgem I Player just to surf the web on upstairs,as the ntl web service is too steep and the walled garden version is useless.
Cheers again for the info and have a merry xmas.

Thanks also, Mark.
I wasn't in when he came so I think either my mother got mixed up, or he thought I wanted to use just the one box for both rooms

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom