1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronin P80H? - Newbie help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by arkaig, Jun 27, 2003.

1. arkaig

arkaig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just forked out an upgrade of my DVD player. my old one didn't have a digi output for my proposed purchase of yammy amp. This was cheap as chips and wonder if anybody can enlighten me to the following features......

Progressive Scan & 3:2 pulldown??

audio-DVD?

and is it likely that it has L & R out sockets for stereo? I presume this is the best way to play music through my amp?

here's the spec of the DVD player here.........

Ronin P80H

Any input gratefully received.

thanks

Arkaig/David

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi David,

It states that the player has progressive scan, but they don't mention a component video output which you need for PS - probably an error on their part. A picture of the rear panel would have been more use that two of the front! The left/right channel sockets which are called "DD down-mix dual channel" on there, are where the analogue CD audio would be output or digital from the optical/coax outputs. I think you mean DVD-Audio not "audio-DVD" which means it can play high-resolution music through the 5.1 analogue outputs. It seems like a good spec machine for the price - £70! Hope this helps.

Steve

3. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, just thought I'd add that some people have contacted ROnin and there are two versions of theis machine, one with progressive scan and one without. The one that is available at the moemnt seems to be the NOT progressive scan. The progressive scan one will be availbale in the future. E-mail them about it if your are interested.

4. arkaig

arkaig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. The progressive scan isn't a priority for me right now. It would have been nice to have that "future proofing element" but I can't support it right now anyway. it looks pretty good for £59.99 so I'll take delivery and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Arkaig.