Ronin Blu-ray Review & Comments

Excellent review, ive just ordered it, the Arrow re releases are top notch, I was watching Munich last night another great movie and in it is Michael Lonsdale playing the patriarch head of the family giving info to Eric Bana to root out the Black September Group after the Munich Olympic disaster , he then pops up on Ronin , then when im buying Ronin it suggests pre ordering Day of the Jackal another Michael Lonsdale roll, a very good character actor

Munich a great movie,but boy did it take a long time to come out on blu ray :)

Munich is on my list to get, where would you recommend picking up a regeon copy at a good price?

Munich is on my list to get, where would you recommend picking up a regeon copy at a good price?

Best region free blu ray is via Australia at around £20, plenty of Region A KICKING ABOUT AT HALF THE PRICE

Munich is a Universal release so the U.S. blu is Region Free no matter what the Amazon listing says :)

Munich is a Universal release so the U.S. blu is Region Free no matter what the Amazon listing says :)
Thanks Mike I thought that was the case but as you say the Amazon listings confused me.

Looks good to me, I've owned both the DVD & Current release blu-ray (Wasnt there a problem with the original release blu-ray?) Not in any rush to replace said blu-ray right now, price will eventually go down??

Looks good to me, I've owned both the DVD & Current release blu-ray (Wasnt there a problem with the original release blu-ray?) Not in any rush to replace said blu-ray right now, price will eventually go down??
Arrow films usually hold there price. Best bet would be Zavvi if they reduce to £15 then use the 10% Code.

Great stuff Cas, Phil.
I have the DVD with a DTS ST. The car chase is a blast. Great movie.
Looking out for good discs now for SQ esp.

Price go down it's only out today,Do you not realise how much it costs for new transfers? the time and effort that is put into Arrow films is amazing,from a small independent company that are based in the uk...for me they are worth every penny.

Vair nais.
w8PhLEFl.jpg

I don't actually mind the new artwork, the original poster's crap anyway.

Price go down it's only out today,Do you not realise how much it costs for new transfers? the time and effort that is put into Arrow films is amazing,from a small independent company that are based in the uk...for me they are worth every penny.

Christopher Nolan has said for a solid 4K scan with HDR its around $7 million, which I think is why we are seeing alot of 2K releases and they aren't rebuilding from the original scans.

My copy hasn't arrived yet, still waiting for delivery. :(

It's dropped through my letterbox at 18:44, it's too late to watch now i'll miss emmerdale and corrie i'll give it a watch tommorow. :)

I picked up a copy from HMV today, two for £25, so I picked up Raw as well.

My local HMV closed in Brighton I think last year, can't remember exactly when, but was speaking to one of the staff today in the Worthing branch and they say they're coming back to Brighton, hopefully before Christmas, still trying to find a location apparently, good news for anyone in the Brighton area.

Brilliant film, shame they don't make like them anymore, Damn you Marvel !!! :D

Was supposed to get mine today, but its gone missing! will have to wait a few more days

Watched last night, very very good transfer, can really see the benefit of the 4k scan. Still a weird film though but entertaining none the less.

Watched last night, very very good transfer, can really see the benefit of the 4k scan. Still a weird film though but entertaining none the less.
+1.

Hope I can post this. Clearly a huge step up from the last disc. If you cannot tell the difference, steal some new eye balls, your current ones are not working.

Ronin • UK Blu-ray vs. DE Blu-ray

Weird? Its not weird at all. Unlike The Accountant for instance which I found a bit weird.

Still no show for me, some swine has nabbed it, amazon making me wait a few days until replacing too...

Watched it last night, PQ is excellent. :D

As suspected, under £5 DVD of Ronin played on my Sony BDP-S790 upscaled on to Sony XD9305 55" TV is excellent both picture & audio, exciting film. Just a sheer waste of money paying anymore for a BD..

Popped this in for a quick look last night, looks excellent. Massive upgrade on the original. Looking forward to watching it in full.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom