Roman Polanski's The fearless vampire killers

Ger

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys, I remember reading (on an internet site, can't remember which one) that this film would be released in June (again can't remember which region), but on checking around some sites and online shops I can't find any word of it. Does anyone know whether this is being released or not (and if so when)????

I would love to see this in widescreen on DVD.

ive never heard of it, but now that I have, im sold on the name alone!

ad

I have been waiting for this for years. one of my favourites. I have a Brazilian copy which is very good but i cant wait much longer for MGM to release it:(

Not sure if its amorphoric. I cant read brazilian. Its the best there is at present. in widescreen etc.

Also known as "Dance of the Vampires" or "Pardon Me, But Your Teeth Are In My Neck" ! :D

Definitely coming later this year in R1 land at least, but can't remember the release date.

Tarpot, that article looks familiar. Its probably where I read about this first, but there is still no sign of the disc on CDWOW, Play.com, Amazon etc., so it doesn't look like it will be coming out in June (or do catalogue releases like this not show up until nearer the release date????).

No, you're right Ger. Probably won't make June. But in the article it states some others being released at the same time, so just keep your eyes peeled.
I too am looking forward to this on dvd.

ive never heard of it, but now that I have, im sold on the name alone!
If you ask me, "Dance Of The Vampires" is a much better title for it.

And yes, it is great fun. Directed by a young Roman Polanski (who also, unusually, has a major acting role) it's a spoof of the Hammer "Dracula" movies (made at about the same time) - definitely more enjoyable if you know the Hammer style fairly well.

But it's also one of the very few films I know that manages to SUCCESSULLY be a member of a particular genre, and simultaneously to send up that genre - it is actually genuinely quite creepy in one or two places. IMO it does a FAR better job of this than (say) "Scream" or films of that sort where the comedy stops the scary sections from being suspenseful, and the nastiness stops the comedy from being funny.

There's one scene in it involving a large mirror at one end of a ball-room which is justifiably famous....

Originally posted by Ger
The Film's also known as "Pardon me, but your teeth are in my neck"!!

er...yeah...see my first post. ;)

I agree with NicolasB, "Dance of the Vampires" is the better title.

its due out in October in full widescreen on dvd. cooooool

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom