"Rolling" picture

V

Viola

Hi. I have a Pioneer DV-490V which is connected to my Panny TX-32LXD 500 via HDMI. When I switch the player on the picture rolls! As you can imagine, it is impossible to watch:mad: I have taken the player back to the shop I bought it from and explained the problem. And you guessed it, the guy in the shop could not find anything wrong with it! I do have to say that this is an intermittent fault which is doubly annoying because I never know what it is going to do:eek: Has anyone come across this before? If so, how did you solve it? :lease:

Hi, have you tried a different hdmi lead ?did they use your lead at the shop or their own ?

Regards Martin

Hi Martin.

The guy in the shop used his own lead. And no, I haven't tried a different HDMI lead. With a brand new lead, it didn't occur to me that it may be faulty. Is that your thinking?

Regards, Piero

OK, What resolution do you have it set to? you should connect an S-video cable to change the resolution and perhaps to change what TV system your dvd player is set to too.
I have found out that this only accurse when you have played a dvd in NTSC format on a PAL TV. Then the player and the TV starts to fight over what system to use, this will result in the ''rolling'' picture. But only if you have the player set to output 720P or 1080i, are you using 720P?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom