1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rolling picture on my Sony Widescreen

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by richard plumb, Jan 7, 2004.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    Just started noticing this, and was wondering if its a known problem with the old Sony KV32-WF1, about 6 years old now, or with my Tivo?

Is it possible that certain inputs to the Tivo might adversely affect the encoder, causing it to encode badly - if its malfunctioning?

Its been happening occasionally, but managed to record Sky Ones etop 100 for 2004f, which does it consistently, and frame advanced through the problem.

In between items, there is a fake widescreen (black bars) image that wipes on from right to left over about half a second. As soon as the first frame appears, the image rolls downwards about 25% - the bottom of the image (including TiVo navigation overlays) appearing at the top of the screen. This lasts until the bars are completely replaced with a 'normal' picture.

The top black bar is also pale (kind of looks like when the CRT is scanning too much in one place, if you know what I mean)

Its especially weird, because it doesn't do it to other 'barred' programs, eg 14:9 ads or letterbox stuff.