1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland D-10 Will they be any good as computer speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by marcelproust, May 8, 2005.

1. marcelproust

marcelproust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-ROL-DM10--brand-230.html

I`m a newbie on this issue. Please could someone tell me if I can connect these directly to my computer. I have an onboard sound card. Since they are powered speakers I think I should be able to do so.
    They have also digital input option. But what does this mean?

Will I be able to use them with personal stereos as well?

For listening to music should I be looking for some 2.1 computer speakers instead these ?

Is anyone able to compare these to megaworks 250 2.1 or logitech z-2300 2.1 ?

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    As you correctly state, these are active speakers and so you should be able to connect them to a PC or personal stereo

I have never heard of them and so cannot comment on the quality or how they compare to the other speakers you have mentioned.

Personally for music I do not like sub's and my personal experience has been that the setups designed for computers focus on gaming which makes them sound even worse for music than your 'normal' subs. If it is practical I would run the PC sound for music through an existing hi-fi and depending on what you use your PC for and your HIFI placement it may be suitable to put all PC sounds through this.