RokuLabs HD1000 and .ts

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by museumsteve, Aug 2, 2004.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,094
    Is anyone here using one of these? I'm tempted but wondered how it interacts with a projector. Is it similar to a DVHS player using component where it autoatically fills the screen in 1080i or 720p or does it act like a PC card and use resolutions.
    Also, does it work? Not wishing to sound silly, but does it work without any glitches. If you have a good stream and a solid ethernet conenction from your PC will it give flawless viewing.
    I was in PC World the other day and saw a Pinnacle Show Centre but I cant see any mention on the web of .ts compatibility, does anyone know anything about these.

2. bdlab

bdlab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice hardware, but no DVI/HDMI digital output. It should work with most
    LCD/DLP projectors if set to 720p60 component format. No support for European raster formats (1080p50 or 720*576) available.
    TS streaming works for most streams, but audio is often distorted. It seems TS streams with MPEG-1/2 Layer-2 audio are not supported. Network shares (SMB) are restricted to 2 GByte file size, so VLC must be used with Streamplayer or CinemaSix for larger files.
    DVB reception with a PC DVB card and TSreader works fine for 60 Hz streams (Pioneer demo loop on Astra).
    The Roku is a nice toy for computer or HDTV freaks, but for the typical end user the software is to restricted and not stable enough.

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,094
    thanks mate :)
    I'm looking to pick one up even if just 'cos the open source approcah Roku are giving it.