ROKU STREAMING STICK

John Wh

Standard Member
Reaction score
In the good old days before the Beeb changed its IPlayer spec I could run my Humax PVR through the DVD and record the programme I had had missed. I have overcome access to the player by buying the Roku stick, which works a treat; but I cannot work out how to bring my Panasonic DVD into the loop. It would be staightforeward if it had HDMI in; but according to the manual the port is out only. Any suggestions please,I would be most grateful.
John Wh

There are no cheap, easy ways to record HDMI directly. You will need an HDMI splitter and also an HDMI to analogue (RGB or composite video/RCA phono depending on capability of DVD recorder inputs) converter if they can be fitted between the stick and the TV plus probably two short HDMI leads for connection

Hdfury2 will do what you require. Will take about 30 seconds to fit along with a Neet 2-1 splitter.

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond; my aim is to replace the facility I had with my not so old Humax PVR to play catch up on the IPlayer with the very very occasional wish to save the prog. to a DVD recorder. Your suggestion would take me into a different league altogether and to be quite honest I could not justify spending £200+; but thanks once again for your suggestion. John

There are no cheap, easy ways to record HDMI directly. You will need an HDMI splitter and also an HDMI to analogue (RGB or composite video/RCA phono depending on capability of DVD recorder inputs) converter if they can be fitted between the stick and the TV plus probably two short HDMI leads for connection
I did reply when I received your post to thank you for the input but I can't see it on the thread. This is all new to me, so I've clearly done something wrong! THANKS. I think I've understood what is wanted; but could you correct me if I'm wrong please. I am thinking of a 2 HDMI in and 1 out; then a HDMI analogue converter which feeds into my DVD. The DVD player will have the straight through option plus the ROKU stick as the alternative feed in. Thanks again John

I am thinking of a 2 HDMI in and 1 out; then a HDMI analogue converter which feeds into my DVD. The DVD player will have the straight through option plus the ROKU stick as the alternative feed in. Thanks again John
No - ROKU to a 1in 2out HDMI splitter - 1 to TV and other to HDMI to analogue converter then to DVD

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom