Roku Streambar Soundbar Review & Comments

rdmbfossa

Tested this yesterday, really quite impressed for the money. We have a Sony amp with Q Acoustic 7000's in our main room obviously this is not in that league but if you don't need/want room shaking explosions this is perfectly fine. Doddle to set up with HDMI ARC, good picture quality, and surprisingly decent sound. Airplay and Bluetooth connectability as well. I tested it with Spotify for music and some Star Wars on Disney+ for films, set it with the bass boost on and the music sounded perfectly fine, personally I would say quite similar to Sonos one quality and the films were good too, fight scene's had much more punch than standard TV speakers.

Should be ideal for our situation, daughter will have decent enough sound for TV and music without it disturbing the rest of the house too much and it just simply works, the Roku interface hasn't changed much for years but it's nice and easy to use and does the job well, the HDMI ARC switched off the TV speakers and gave control to the Roku. The Sky Soundbox likely would have sounder better still for the same money but no ARC or Airplay support so another remote and manually switching sources which is a negative.

For £100 with a 4K streamer built in it's great value.

saintedward

Novice Member
Tossing up between the Roku Streambar, JBL 2.0 and upper end of budget the Yamaha C20. Legs of my Samsung 43" and cabinet mean that these are really the biggest that'll fit with setup. Just looking forward to hopefully being able to get into a shop and listen to them

TrevorPhil

Novice Member
Does anyone find they are getting wifi connection problems with their Streambar? Mine seems to lose the signal despite it being strong the rest of the time. Have changed router and even upgraded the internet speed but still disappears out of nowhere. Wondering if I should return as it might be a problem with the wifi receiver?

tredman

Distinguished Member
Not had a single issue with ours - and our kids are forever streaming bloody YouTube on there.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
I tried a few Ethernet adaptors on the streambar - all worked well.

Had mine for a few months now and generally impressed - wouldn’t have it on the main tv as it’s too bass heavy for me, but it’s decent on the second tv.

The apps are excellent IMO - just missing Channels I think. Amazingly, for a Roku, even 1080i live tv via hdhomerun works well.
Do you happen to have the details of the USB —> Ethernet adapters that you used please, that worked with the bar?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom